Ethical Hacking is finding weaknesses in computers or networks to use its vulnerabilities so that they can be fixed later. Hackers use various techniques to spot threats and thereby increase the safety of the device. Therefore these people can utilize Linux based operating system(OS) to hack computer or network. In addition, It contains a large range of applications to forestall Cyber Security Attacks.
Now we are getting to discuss here about top 8 Operating Systems for ethical hacking with their little descriptions and features. However, you’ll be able to check them out and download the one that you just think a well suited for your work.
1. Kali Linux
Click here to Download Kali Linux
Kali Linux is one in all the foremost modern OS that’s being employed by hackers for pen testing and much of security exploits. However, This can be a Linux based Operating System that gives you privacy. In addition, safety from the vulnerabilities that other OS have in it. This OS may be run on Windows furthermore as Mac OS. So must attempt out this cool OS on your PC.
Features Of Kali Linux:
- It can be used for penetration testing.
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
- This OS can encrypt the full disk.
- Can easily automate and customize the Kali Linux installation on the network.
- Has a forensics mode that can be used for forensic work.
- This platform is available in 32 bits as well as 64 bits.
2. BackBox Linux
Click here to Download BackBox Linux
BackBox is an Ubuntu based Linux distribution penetration testing. And security assessment orientate providing a network and info systems analysis toolkit. In addition, this OS also gives you the privacy and vulnerable free environment.
Features Of BackBox Linux:
- Designed to be fast, easy to use and provide a minimal yet complete desktop environment.
- BackBox is fully automated and non-intrusive
- Helps you with computer forensic analysis, vulnerability assessment, etc.
- Save time and eliminate the need to track individual network devices
- Enables you to simulate an attack on application or network.
- Consumes the minimum resource of your system.
3. Parrot Linux
Click here to Download Parrot Linux
Parrot Security is an package supported Debian GNU/Linux mixed with Frozen box OS. And Kali Linux to produce the most effective security testing experience for the attackers and security testers. However, It’s an Operating System(OS) for IT security and penetration testing developed by the Frozen box Dev Team.
Features Of Parrot Linux:
- Forensic boot option to avoid boot automounts
- Most famous Digital Forensic tools and frameworks out of the box
- You can read and change the source code the way you like.
- Has distributed infrastructure with dedicated CDNs (Content Distribution Network).
- Provides support of experts to help you in cybersecurity.
- Lightweight software that runs with limited resources.
4. BlackArch Linux
Click here to Download BlackArch Linux
BlackArch Linux is another Linux based penetration testing distribution for penetration testers and researchers. In addition, The newest version of BlackArch Linux has over 1400 penetration testing tools.
Features Of BlackArch Linux:
- BlackArch Live ISO (International Organization for Standardization) contains multiple window managers.
- This operating system can be run using limited resources.
- Best OS for penetration tester
- The installer can be built from the source.
- Supports more than one architecture.
- The latest version has over 1400 tools.
5. Bugtraq Linux
Click here to Download Bugtraq Linux
Bugtraq Linux – a distribution supported GNU/Linux aimed toward digital forensics, penetration testing, and GSM Forensics. In conclusion, it’s one among the simplest choices of attackers.
Features Of Bugtraq Linux:
- The systems are available in 11 different languages.
- Anyone can use this platform with ease.
- Kernel generic of 3.2 and 3.4 available in 32 Bits & 64 Bits has a huge range of penetration, forensic and laboratory tools.
- It has tools like mobile forensic tools, malware testing laboratories, tools of the Bugtraq-Community, audit tools for GSM, wireless, Bluetooth and RFID.
- Available in both 32 bit and 64 bits.
- The Bugtraq system offers the most comprehensive, optimal.
6. Fedora Security Lab
Click here to Download Fedora Security Lab
Fedora Security Lab distribution is pass a community of security researchers and developers. Similarly the distro is electrified by light weight Xfce Desktop environment. In addition, it features some significant tool for security research.
Features Of Fedora Security Lab:
- Has a customized menu that offers all the instructions needed to follow the right test path.
- This tool can make Live USB creator.
- It creates a live image to make it possible to install software while running.
- Comes with some awesome security tools for firewalls, network analyzer, password crackers and much more.
- Act as a safe test environment.
- Maintained by a group of security researchers and developers.
7. Dracos Linux
Click here to Download Dracos Linux
Dracos Linux is also one among the favorite operating systems of hackers. The software package is widely utilized by hackers and its supported Linux from scratch. Dracos Linux is quick, strong and rich in feature. In addition, talking about the features, the software brings in many security testing tools.
Features Of Dracos Linux:
- This operating system is fast, stable and powerful
- Can use this platform to study, modify, and redistribute.
- This OS does not collect your sensitive personal data.
- Dracos Linux brings in lots of tools for security testing and penetration testing.
- Dracos Linux is extremely popular among hackers.
- Makes it easy for ethical hackers to perform security research.
8. DEFT Linux
Click here to Download DEFT Linux
DEFT is that the last one on the list. And it’s open source distribution of Linux that’s built round the Digital Advanced Response Toolkit (DART) software. In addition, DEFT is Ubuntu customization. Computer forensics and incident response tools that DEFT Linux includes is employed by IT auditors, military, and police.
DEFT stands for Digital Evidence and Forensic Toolkit.
Features Of DEFT Linux:
- Used by the Military, the Police, Private security professionals, IT Auditors and Individuals as well.
- It has a hardware detection facility.
- This environment has open-source applications for investigation.
- A Linux Distribution For Computer Forensics.
- DEFT is a very professional and stable system that includes an excellent hardware detection
- It gives two selection of major view packages and all tracked packages.
If you think that we forget to feature another favorite operating systems of hackers, please comment below. Similarly, also soon we’ll add more ethical hacking operating systems to the list.
[…] Click here to find out best Operating System(OS) for Hackers […]