Troubleshooting Kali Linux virtualbox is a very confusing due to all of the difficulties. This article will focus to cover as much as possible. If you thing something is missing or could be improved, please comment below to help us to try and get this done.
How to fix apt update error in kali linux
1. Open Terminal and execute sudo -i command to go to root user.
2. Enter your password.
3. Now type touch /etc/apt/sources.list and Enter.
4. Then type chmod 644 /etc/apt/sources.list and Enter.
5. Give this command echo ‘deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main contrib non-free‘ > /etc/apt/sources.list and Enter.
6. Then give apt-key adv –keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net –recv-keys 7D8D0BF6 and Enter.
7. Finally give apt-get update command and you can install any software.
How to fix broken install in kali linux
1. Open the terminal on your Kali linux vmware and execute this command sudo apt-get –fix-missing update.
2. Now update your system’s software by giving sudo apt-get update.
How to fix kali linux wifi problem
1. First Connect your Kali Linux PC to Network using Ethernet/LAN cable.
2. Then open the Terminal by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T. This open a command prompt.
3. Now open sources.list file by using this command nano /etc/apt/sources.list
4. Now paste the links below into this source file.
deb http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib
deb-src http://http.kali.org/kali kali-rolling main non-free contrib
Then Press Ctrl+O to write it into source file and Enter.
Then Exit the source.list file by pressing Ctrl + X.
5. Now execute sudo apt update and apt dist-upgrade
6. Then execute sudo apt install firmware-linux to install all the drivers needed for your kali linux PC.
Why is kali linux not working
Kali Linux installation flops for many reasons. There are times when an ISO can’t be downloaded, not enough disk space is allocated to the target PC etc. There is also a possibility of issues which resulting from incomplete and corrupt ISOs. When installing the software, the easiest way is to begin running a web server on the machine earlier.
How do you fix a broken dpkg error
Dpkg is a tool to build, install, remove and manage Debian packages.
- Force to install the damaging package.
- Re-configure the dpkg package is the solution to this problem.
- Remove all the files attached to that package.
How do i fix unmet dependencies in kali linux
We can fix this Unmet Dependency errors by updating the package database, downloading the latest version of the package and re-installing it.
- Repositories should be enabled.
- Update the software.
- Upgrade the software.
- Make sure that the package dependencies are clean and clear.
- Remove packages that are ‘held’ or ‘on hold’ state.
- Execute -1 using the -f flag, if package installing does not work.