Methods To Solve Networking Issues On your Laptop PC
So, you want to learn how to troubleshoot network connectivity problems? Then keep reading.
Power Cycle Your Router
- Turn off the router and then disconnect the power cables.
- Wait for at least 5 -10 minutes to let it cool down.
- Now re-connect the power cables and then turn on the router.
Change Domain Name System (DNS)
Another convenient trick in fixing networking issues is by changing the Domain Name System. If you’re not able to access particular websites, getting errors like DNS not responding or anything related DNS, then changing the DNS can resolve this issue.
Steps to change the DNS on your PC
1. Open Run by pressing the Windows + R keys.
2. Then type ncpa.cpl and press Enter. This command opens the Network Connections window.
3. Now do Right click on the Network Adapter which you are using and then select the Properties option.
4. Then double click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option
5. Now select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
6. Enter 126.96.36.199 address in the Preferred DNS server section and 188.8.131.52 address in the Alternate DNS server section.
7. That’s it, now click on OK button to save the changes.
Flush Domain Name System (DNS)
Suppose changing the DNS doesn’t work, then you try flushing the Domain Name System. Therefore, this flushes the DNS cache. Which will delete any malfeasance that leads to the problems and hopefully fix the issue.
Steps to flush the DNS on your PC
1. Open Windows Search bar and type Command Prompt. Then do right click on it.
2. Now select the Run as administrator option from the menu. This will open up the Command Prompt with Admin access.
3. On command prompt, type ipconfig /flushdns command and press Enter.
4. Then wait for this command to complete and restart your PC.
Search The Issue On Google
That’s it. If any questions related to this topic, then ask us in the comment section. Thanks.